What happens at a Writers’ HQ retreat?
- Writing! More writing! Some more writing! A bucket-load of writing! Also much tea and biscuit eating
- Spend the day in a room with a bunch of writers, limitless caffeine and – horror! – no internet
- We’ll help you set your writing goals for the day and for the long-term, celebrate your successes, and break through blocks
- Write in timed sprints with lots of breaks for hot drinks, non-stop eating, literary chat and leg-stretching
- A score board, gold stars, general silliness and supportive competitiveness will help you reach your targets, break bad habits, and get your writing moving
- No distractions. No excuses. Just writing. Perf
- All the tea and coffee you can drink
- Morning snacks, lunch, biscuits and cake
- A supportive environment and gold stars
- Lots of encouragement and the lovely warm glow of finally-getting-it-done satisfaction
Who are Writers’ HQ retreats for?
- New writers! Emerging writers! Aspiring writers! Experienced writers! Not-sure-if-they’re-really-allowed-to-call-themselves-writers! (hint: if you write, you’re a writer)
- Writers who want to tinker with some ideas or make a start on a brand new project.
- Writers with a work-in-progress that’s stalled or been put aside while life takes over.
- Writers who just wanna get shit done.
- People writing fiction, non-fiction, scripts, academic texts, copy, articles, blogs, poetry, creative non-fiction, genre, high brow, low brow, and anything else that needs an alphabet shuffle.
- People who want to drink tea and eat biscuits and write some words in a fun, supportive environment.